Re: New ISO

Den 2016-08-13 kl. 20:14, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone,

please test this new ISO.

It is a bit bigger, but it should fix the major issues we had with the
menu and needing certain gvfs programs installed.

Let me know how it goes, I tested the previous (larger) ISO, but I
haven't rebooted yet to try this one out.

Thanks!

Hi Israel,

I'm testing

698M	2016-08-13	18:01	"ToriOS-Debian-daily.iso"

in my Toshiba with Intel i5 (and Intel graphics).

1. Live

- The menus are shown correctly, but at least two of the menu items do not work for me:

. Screenie. (It used to work for me, but now when I run 'screenie' in a terminal window, it prints

[ERROR] import is not installed!!

. Shutdown Computer. (I'm not sure when it stopped working; it used to work for me. But the 'Shutdown' desktop icon works now.)

2. Installing

I tested at the advanced OBI level (via 'Partition drives and install alongside current OS')

- Successful (I installed the PAE kernel)

3. Installed system

- The prompt in terminal windows was grey until I selected

Options - More - Set Palette - Tango

This is a minor but recurring bug. Right now it works in the live system, but not in the installed system.

- Screenie works in the installed system

[imagemagick] display works (I displayed a snapshot made with screenie).

- Shutdown presents a window with several options, and it works.

*. This was no thorough test, but the general impression is that this iso file is working well. I hope it will be easy to fix the remaining few issues that I found, and that Jack, Ali and you will find, and that the iso file will stay within CD size :-)