Re: jwm-settings-manager 2.0

On 09/25/2016 09:25 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
Hi Israel,

Is this for Debian or Ubuntu  or both??

Cheers,
JackT.

PS: I ask as I thought you couldn't add-repository in Debian-land?
Hi
Sorry I should have been more clear, with Debian it is a bit more complicated as Jack noticed.
You will need to manually go to your
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/
And edit the file for this PPA (sorry I don't know exactly what the name is right now I will figure this out on Debian in a bit) But just look for any file in there that has 'jessie' in it. This should be changed to 'trusty'

This must happen before you update and install it.

The 'add-apt-repository' command is in Debian Jessie, and works, but the distribution it uses is 'jessie' but Launchpad only builds for Ubuntu releases. 'trusty' has the same c++ libraries I need as trusty, so use that release.

Sorry for not being more clear about how to install and test this...