Re: More Debian VB Testing RE: Yet another Update

On 10/05/2016 04:52 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
> Hi Israel,
>
> Logs as requested.
>
> Cheers,
> JackT.

> Subject: Re: [Torios-dev] More Debian VB Testing RE: Yet another Update
> To: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx; torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 16:38:13 -0500
>
> On 10/05/2016 02:47 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
>
>     Hi Israel,
>

>     Updates applied; 'jwm -p' produces no output but the Trash Can and
>     my Sakura desktop shortcuts still do not persist over logout/login
>     or reboot.
>
>     (And to get them to appear I'm still doing the pkill pcmanfm and
>     pcmanfm --desktop &disown)
>
>     Cheers.
>     JackT.
>

>     > Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 11:34:49 -0500
>     > Subject: RE: [Torios-dev] More Debian VB Testing RE: Yet another
>     Update
>     > From: israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx>
>     > To: jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jackdtrice@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>     > CC: nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>;
>     torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     >
>     > Let me know how the menu update effects things.
>     > See if jwm -p has no output and if the issue is fixed
>     >
>     > Regards
>

> Hey Jack,
> Can you send me a couple logs.
> ~/.jwm/jsm-logs/nice-start.log
> ~/.starttorios.log
> Those might help me figure this out a bit more.
>
> --
> Regards

Hi Jack,

There is an odd issue in your starttorios file.

Try running:

sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

It shows that you are using

/usr/bin/x-session-manager

rather than

/usr/bin/starttorios

So I am not entirely sure what is going on there...

See if changing it to starttorios works... it may be on starttorios... I
will do more looking.  I am working on the torios package as well as the
jsm stuff.  I will be pushing an update to the testing PPA soon, but I
have to figure out some things first to make sure the update goes smoothly.