Re: [Torios] ToriOS Trusty

On 11/25/2016 04:51 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> You were probably tricked by the email client, that made two lines of
> the one-line command:
>
> just to illustrate:
>
> xzcat file.vdi.xz > file.vdi
>
> So if you use the following as one line, it should work.
>
> xzcat dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi.xz >
> dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi
>
> -o-
>
> Or am I misunderstanding? Do you mean that VirtualBox does not
> recognize the extracted vdi file?
>
> After extraction md5sum should show
>
> $ md5sum dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi
> ac4cd66df2fe8ccd7cd0f495c0bdea9f  dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi
>
> and ls -l shows
>
> $ ls -l dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 nio nio 2006974464 nov 25 11:40
> dd_ToriOS-Trusty-Test-01_7.8GB.vdi
>
> (approx. 2 GB, so I prefer to distribute it compressed).
>
> It works with my VirtualBox (in Lubuntu Xenial). Please tell if you
> are still having problems.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2016-11-25 kl. 11:33, skrev Cinque Port Computers:
>> Hi Nio,
>>

>> I downloaded the .vdi.xz file, ran md5sum with success, but using xzcat
>> or xz on the .vdi.xz file I'm getting "File format not recognised".
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> JackT.

Hi Nio,

I ran a few commands to help things along in the vdi you posted....

sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-upgrade

this will install the new jwm-settings-manager 2.0 so trusty will be a
bit experimental at this point.. though AFAIK 2.0 works at least as well
as 1.1+

It works much better in some areas than the old version, and may be
missing some things that sort of worked in the 1.X branch

I also ran

cp -R /etc/skel/.config/* ~/.config

cp /etc/skel/.gtkrc-2.0 ~/

sudo cp ~/.gtkrc-2.0 /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

then logout and log back in to test a nicer looking version

:)

you might need to also

cp /etc/skel/.jwmrc ~/.

since the menus are different.  This will make firstrun show up the
first time, but you can close it if you like and move on.