Re: 19dec2016 Testing ISO

Hi Nio,
(inlines)
On 12/20/2016 03:57 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2016-12-20 kl. 06:53, skrev Israel:
>>

> Hi Israel,
>
> *Live*
>
> Ethernet is good, but the wireless network is still not working in the
> live session :-(

hmmm... this is still unfortunate.  I will have to try some tests on the
real hardware.
> The touchpad works :-P

:D :D :D
> *Installing*
>
> I tried only at the basic OBI level, and it worked :-)

OBI hasn't changed yet and is still quite stable!
> *Installed system*
>
> The firstrun items are there again and the trashcan
>
> Ethernet and wifi work in the installed system.

Hurray!  Triple confirmation that the bug is fixed!
> The battery indicator works, but I think it is a strange symbol for a
> multi-purpose applet icon. This is not where a new user would look for
> a way to shut down. I guess you use it to saves space in the panel
> compared to using two icons, one for battery and one for shutdown.

I can remove those items, but I tried to mimic the xfce4-power-manager
applet.
It has all the same features but does not take much room :)
> The shutdown via the left top corner menu has an icon for reboot now :-)

Yes, I fixed some code in JSM 2.0 to search for icons, and find the real
file of a symbolic link to get the RGB data from the SVG file (or png,
etc..)
> The Imagemagick menu items do not work. Maybe you can remove them
> (this is a general bug, that is also affecting Ubuntu).

Sorry I had though I fixed this...  It might be correct in the menu
update.  I will check the post install code again.

> *And a wishlist item*
>
> It would be nice to have mkusb or guidus in the live system. This
> would help people create persistent live system 'directly' from
> Windows and use ToriOS live for other tasks too, for example cloning
> drives and wiping/restoring drives.

Yes!  I agree, but space became an issue, so once we separate the
tarball we can include mkusb/guidus again.  remember we removed that, as
well as all non-essential icons, jwm-settings-manager and more things