Re: ISOmaker

On 09/12/2017 09:06 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2017-09-12 kl. 16:01, skrev Israel:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> ISOmaker is now more complete and working really quite nicely.
>>
>> I have solved (finally) quite a few of the issue that make it hard for
>> someone to build their own ISO at their own leisure.
>>
>> You can now run
>>
>> ./OSmaker -a amd64 -r xenial
>>
>> (or i386 for the arch and jessie for the release)
>>
>> This will create a tarball for ToriOS that works with OBI.
>>
>> Then run
>>
>> ./ISOmaker -a amd64 -r xenial
>>
>> There may still be some issues to work out, so please do this in a VM or
>> a testing machine.
>>
>> The process is rather long, but it built an ISO that I could effectively
>> boot (in KVM) and install the tarball!
>>
>> Give it a shot if you want to help build ToriOS, or build a customized
>> version.
>>
>> Here is the repo, and the README to give you more info on how to do
>> it all.
>>
>> https://github.com/Israel-/ISOmaker#isomaker
>>

> Thanks Israel,
>
> It is really tempting to try your OSmaker and ISOmaker :-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

I am hoping it will make this more tempting for others.  You can even
make a non-ToriOS ISO if you want by modifying the packages in the
package list file.

Actually it might be a great way to build tarballs for OBI for you.
Just edit the OSMaker config files and build away!

There are also scripts you can edit to do things in the chroot and out
of the chroot to your tarball.

I'm running a full restart from the ground up right now to make sure it
all works fine!