Re: ToriOS ISO considerations

On 01/27/2018 07:07 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2018-01-26 kl. 23:21, skrev Israel:

> Hi Israel,
>
> Sure we can use the text-mode-menu again. It might be particularly
> useful for
>
> 1. Very old computers and computer with very small RAM
>
> 2. Computers with a graphics chip/card, that does not work out of the
> box with the built-in linux drivers.
>
> Please let us know, when there is something to test!
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,

After some testing there is some sort of issue running the setup with
nodm (the thing that logs us in automatically) and text-mode-menu.

It may take me some serious experimentation to figure out how to work
those things out.

That said I am trying out a version without the text-mode-menu

It is considerably smaller, but still not the right size (775 MiB) for a CD.

It is close, but still a bit to big, I will do some tests to check
things and if all goes well I will upload a new ISO soon.

I have reworked a lot of the ISOmaker scripts recently to streamline the
process considerably (use common functions for *everything*) and make
the codebase much easier to maintain in the future.  Over the years I
have been refactoring OBI to do some similar stuff (mkp for the common
things in mkp*)  and I recently have switched to using sfdisk rather
than fdisk for this same reason, to eventually make a unified single
script for doing all the current mkp1,mkp2p1,mkpxpy, as well as other
custom setups (like a separate /home /boot, etc....) though this is
still a way off.

Thanks for your patience!