Re: ToriOS ISO considerations

Den 2018-01-30 kl. 01:33, skrev Israel:
On 01/27/2018 07:07 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2018-01-26 kl. 23:21, skrev Israel:

Sure we can use the text-mode-menu again. It might be particularly
useful for

1. Very old computers and computer with very small RAM

2. Computers with a graphics chip/card, that does not work out of the
box with the built-in linux drivers.

Please let us know, when there is something to test!

Hi Nio,

After some testing there is some sort of issue running the setup with
nodm (the thing that logs us in automatically) and text-mode-menu.

It may take me some serious experimentation to figure out how to work
those things out.

That said I am trying out a version without the text-mode-menu

It is considerably smaller, but still not the right size (775 MiB) for a CD.

It is close, but still a bit to big, I will do some tests to check
things and if all goes well I will upload a new ISO soon.

I have reworked a lot of the ISOmaker scripts recently to streamline the
process considerably (use common functions for *everything*) and make
the codebase much easier to maintain in the future.  Over the years I
have been refactoring OBI to do some similar stuff (mkp for the common
things in mkp*)  and I recently have switched to using sfdisk rather
than fdisk for this same reason, to eventually make a unified single
script for doing all the current mkp1,mkp2p1,mkpxpy, as well as other
custom setups (like a separate /home /boot, etc....) though this is
still a way off.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for this update, Israel :-)