Re: Testing Debian Stretch

Den 2018-03-04 kl. 03:48, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone,
I have made progress on all the bugs and fixed many of them.
OBI now shows used memory accurately in Stretch

the text mode menu version of OBI now does not fail with a bunch of
escape characters.
this was due to a variable I was passing, and the fact that the entire
dialog screen was being passed as a variable result... pretty easy to
fix, redirecting dialog and saving its output to an unused variable.
This preserves the safety of the script (cannot separately set the
variable and run the code... the variable is set within the function).

the 'common tasks' dialog is a bit complex, but I have fixed the major
issue of stretch not being included.  I changed the logic to check for
debian, in the uname -v rather than a specific release name in
lsb_release.... and for specific browsers (like midori) I still support
the release name check, since midori is now included in Debian Stretch.

I still need to rebuild the packages for these things, and update stuff
before releasing another ISO, so I will likely take a while to do this,
and test the code in my VM a few times before uploading the new builds.
I will also work on shrinking the ISO size a bit and try a few different
tarball builds.  The current one is from a manual build, so I will try
to use the automated OSmaker build and see if there are major
differences (or size differences)

Thanks again for your earlier testing!!

Hi Israel,

Thanks for the update :-)

Concerning Midori:

A few weeks ago I found only old versions of Midori, I think at least 2 years old. I seemed to me that there is no development. I am afraid that there are security holes, that are known, but not fixed. What version is there in Debian Stretch, and when was it created?