Re: ToriOS 2.0 background

Den 2018-04-02 kl. 19:24, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone,

I decided to make a background image for ToriOS 2.0 since we have used
the same artwork for a long time.  I updated the last one when we made
the Jessie ISO to be more muted looking, and decided to make this one,
let me know what you think

https://github.com/Israel-D/torios-core/blob/master/backgrounds/default-2.0.jpg

Hi Israel,

You made a nice background image :-)

It looks good but is big, 3,7 MiB, and there are sharp edges between the small mosaic plates, which might make icons difficult to see (if there is not enough colour contrast).

-o-

Some years ago I made background images with a smooth grey single colour and the ToriOS symbol in red. Those image files of mine are very small, and they make icons and text easy to see. You find them at

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/wallpapers/

default_1280x1024_character.png
default_1600x1200_character.png
default_1920x1080_character.png
default_1920x1200_character.png

If only one file, the last one might be used as standard (size=31kiB)

$ wc -c default_1920x1200_character.png
31703 default_1920x1200_character.png