Re: update on FLTK apps

Den 2018-09-03 kl. 00:46, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone, I have had pretty good success on most of the FLTK apps, and preparing them.

So here is the state of things so far.

The package I have made is smaller than the x11-apps package, which has xedit (the text editor), and xcalc.  The calculator program I have made is just a restyled version of flcalc

I just made it look more like our other programs:

And I also made a text editor with very minimal syntax highlighting (c/c++ only right now), but has many features of many text editors.  I hand coded the icons to match numix theme, but there is also an option to use black outline icons...

here is the color one:

I intend to add an open documents list menu, as well as eventually a recent documents window.

The package also contains an askpass program (used in sudo -A), a run dialog, a fullscreen only screen shot tool, power management dialogs, an about dialog (which is also a simple message dialog), a replacement for our 'firstrun', and an image viewer.

The image viewer is pretty exciting to me :)  I added zoom in/out support using +/- keys as well as mousewheel scroll up/down and you can browse a directory by using the </> (not left/right unfortunately..) keys.

So all in all this has been a really fun exercise in programming!  I also converted the common torios functions sourced by our scripts to also use fltk-dialog (it wasn't very hard) and modified some to run the fltk versions if they exist.  This should make updates easy, as things will run the same on current installs, and use our new tools in new versions.  There is a ways to go before I can rebuild the ISO, but I have started the work of updating everything :)

Thanks Israel,

for keeping us updated :-)