Re: minor update

On 26/02/2019 19:11, Israel wrote:
> Hey everyone, > > I have been really busy lately we are moving soon, and I am also
working > on a program for someone, but I have been making a few updates
to the > text editor. > > I made some improvements: > > - config file
can now use HTML colors > > - added color chooser so you can select a
color in text (ex. #ffffff) > and open a color chooser to choose a color
and replace the current one. > It is in a new submenu called tools. I
expect to add more tools as time > goes on (perhaps spell checking at
some point?) > > - greatly improved the replace all (much much faster
now.. like > basically instantaneous even on huge files). > > - added
'match case' and 'search backwards' option to the find dialog > > -
added recent documents to the file menu, so it is easier to access >
most recent items > > - more checks to ensure, and create the user
directory in > $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/flpad > > - syntax highlighting supports
many languages and works really fast, > and works better than others in
some areas (though not as good in > others) so it is overall extremely
usable and robust.... not an IDE, but > it works really well. > > There
is probably more, but I am not entirely sure.... I know I need to > work
on some other things, but I have been using it a lot lately (my > main
text editor for programming) and have added things I liked from > Pluma
(aka the pre GTK+ gedit) and things that I like from other editors >
(like configurable syntax highlighting, color chooser, etc..) and things
> that set it completely apart from others (syntax highlighting on plain
> text can help writers, because all dialog is highlighted, so it is >
really easy to find it, for example). > > It is larger now (242KiB) but
considering that it is much smaller than > pluma (643KiB) and xedit
(662KiB) I am really pleased with my progress. > I may separate it into
a separate package at some point. >
Cool I  was going to update at some point anyway, so will do so over the
next few days and look back over previous posts and try and send a

text file with any update messages.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zleap/
gnupg : 7D6D B682 F351 8D08 1893  1E16 F086 5537 D066 302D