Installing TorioS -report 9/4/2019

Hi All

Just made a fresh install of ToriOS on my netbook, so I can try and
document the process for the manual (struggling with virtual machines a
little, so it is a direct install)

During the process, on the set password screen I tried to use paul as
the user and paul as the password (for quickness during install) it said
I needed a min 6 characters for the password,  Perhaps when asking for
the password

Comments

1.  Perhaps when asking for the user to set a password the dialogue
should say Min 6 characters.

2.  As this is 2019,  six seems rather short, so perhaps the min length
should be at least a min of 8 characters.

Other issues / comments

1. On the boot screen it has 3 of the small box things as the progress
bar,  Would it be a good idea to display the ToriOS logo here too.
Makes the screen look nicer.

2. I have rebooted and my keyboard does not seem to be working so can't
login, have switched off and it still isn't working,  however it works
fine at the boot screen when I select what to load up.  so moved the bar
down then back up to ToriOS.  I can click on the login button.  I assume
the characters are masked out with dots or *s.  I can't even do
ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a console.

3.  I found the locales thing really baffling, as to what to actually
choose,  I did find en-gb iso-8859-1.  Which is meaningless to me,  We
need a section that really explains this in plain language in the
manual.    I don't get asked about locales with Debian or don't seem to.

Hope this helps,

Paul

--
Paul Sutton