Re: Installing TorioS -report 9/4/2019 - more info

On 09/04/2019 15:37, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just made a fresh install of ToriOS on my netbook, so I can try and
> document the process for the manual (struggling with virtual machines a
> little, so it is a direct install)
>
> During the process, on the set password screen I tried to use paul as
> the user and paul as the password (for quickness during install) it said
> I needed a min 6 characters for the password,  Perhaps when asking for
> the password
>
> Comments
>
> 1.  Perhaps when asking for the user to set a password the dialogue
> should say Min 6 characters.
>
> 2.  As this is 2019,  six seems rather short, so perhaps the min length
> should be at least a min of 8 characters.
>
> Other issues / comments
>
> 1. On the boot screen it has 3 of the small box things as the progress
> bar,  Would it be a good idea to display the ToriOS logo here too.
> Makes the screen look nicer.
>
> 2. I have rebooted and my keyboard does not seem to be working so can't
> login, have switched off and it still isn't working,  however it works
> fine at the boot screen when I select what to load up.  so moved the bar
> down then back up to ToriOS.  I can click on the login button.  I assume
> the characters are masked out with dots or *s.  I can't even do
> ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a console.
>
> 3.  I found the locales thing really baffling, as to what to actually
> choose,  I did find en-gb iso-8859-1.  Which is meaningless to me,  We
> need a section that really explains this in plain language in the
> manual.    I don't get asked about locales with Debian or don't seem to.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Paul

Further to this, I have tried different kernel options on the advanced
menu to no avail.

The keyboard clearly works for running live, otherwise I would be unable
to select menu options other than with the mouse, so somewhere between
rebooting from the live / installer and booting to the OS on the hard
disk, the keyboard stops working.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton