Re: some thoughts about the DE

Actually... the ISO could pull in the other DE when it is installing, and purge out the other DE. I think OpenBox is a good base for this project, but offering the ability to choose the installed OS could be really nice for the user, if they have such low specs. So, keep the live CD as Openbox, and allow the user to choose what will be installed... this may be too complicated to try, though...

This is a very simple infobox... just put this in your terminal (assuming you have gdialog installed... it comes with zenity in Ubuntu)
 gdialog --title "ToriOS" --infobox "Tori OS rocks!" 10 30

man gdialog can show you the full capabilites, if you want I can e-mail you one of the puppy scripts (note it uses a Xdialog, and Puppy runs as root)

I think this would be awesome to have for PPC as well as i386 computers, as there are no easy/good solutions for old iBooks. I can barely run JWM/ROX on it, though it performs much better than MacOSX did, and has modern programs (esp. web browser).