What happened to the domain

Hello all,

The problem was between a recent ICANN policy change regarding Gmail\Hotmail type email address - I registered with a gmail address. Until recently, registrars were not allowed to send verification emails to most web mail servers. That ICANN policy recent changed, and registrars are struggling to update their systems to allow it. If you previously registered a domain name from something like gmail, the registrar was violating rules.

The problem I have with this is that the provider did not simply say so in the first place. They kept having it resent and kept telling me to wait since technically it was supposed to work. If they had told me in the first place I would have given them the email address of my ISP. I pasted my last exchange with their support below and gave them my ISP address through my broadband company. If they had told me this in the first place, downtime would have been hours instead of day.

The issue here is purely with the registrars ability to send email to Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail etc. With the drop of this ICANN policy, it's required a flood of email to leave registrars mail servers which has caused deliver-ability issues.
Some registrars have been affected more than others.
If you can use another email address in the meantime, this would at least get you by this initial problem. As Jeremy stated, this is not an isolated incident and using an alternate address is what we've suggested in the meantime. Once the registrars get things cleaned up on their end this issue with the popular mail networks should subside.

Anyway, my back is worse, and I am sicker with and upper respiratory problem. We got another foot of snow last night, and for reasons of physics (just ask what I mean by that) I had no choice but to shovel ten-tons of it again this morning. I Oh how I hate snow. I haven't gone over the mailing list to avoid getting engaged. It's hot tea and back to bed for me. No more snow in the forecast. I should be back in action tomorrow.

William