Re: [Feedback] ToriOS Website Alpha

To be perfectly honest, I don't think people know what they are voting on or why. The website is the last of your worries when you still need to settle on a DE and installer. You should consider scrapping this vote altogether, then let Israel develop for a week, quietly and uninterrupted, and whatever he comes back with you can start judging and requesting changes on. I watch the mailing list, and website development looks like it's getting micro-managed and as someone who personally spent a decade working in IT, I can promise you that's a bad thing. The mind of a project manager (you) and the mind of a developer (Israel) are not on the same wavelength. Give him and the website issue space for a week, and don't even worry about it while you address more important issues like what the components of your distro are going to be and how they fit together. Your product.

You refer to this as fun, and that's all fine and stuff, but don't make a game out of it - it is serious business.

Just some advice from someone who has seen how these things go down in the corporate world - time and time again, for better and for worse.

William