Re: Tori OS

On 03/18/2014 11:44 PM, Israel wrote:
On 03/18/2014 02:38 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 03/18/2014 10:57 PM, Israel wrote:
Hey everyone, just wondering what was happening in Tori OS land.
I am still busy with LMMS right now, so I haven't had a chance to update the website at all.
What has been happening with the OS?
Was the default WM ever fully chosen?
If so, what has been happening getting the stuff in order.
If we choose JWM, we will need a small app to configure the settings, as most new users wont want to try to edit a config file themselves. I have a few ideas for what could be done (separating out certain parts of the .jwmrc, like the tray, the windows, the background, etc..) I think it would be nice to make a little fltk app using something like tinyxml, or if Alex is really set on it a special hand-made xml parser to go through the different config files, and edit the parameters. I suppose then all this stuff could be packaged up, and added to a ppa...

Just thinking about Tori OS, and JWM so I thought I throw this out here.

I will try to get back to the website soon, but we are trying to get a feature freeze exception for LMMS, and get some much needed packaging changes in place (such as separating out wine in the event people don't want to use VSTs..) I am pbuilding, and tweaking things to get everything perfect in hopes that this will be accepted!!

Hi my friend,

1- I'm not sure if everyone has seen my status on Google+ and Facebook or not? My Grandmother is sleeping at the ICU for 2 days now - her heartbeat reached 26 and she has to stay on the ICU. I've been very sick yesterday because I got a very shocking text message telling me about what happened in away that shows she passed away so it seems my blood pressure became so low.
However, I'm here because I still care :)

2- The most important thing is: as with any system in the world, it needs a developer. Alex has been busy to the point that he couldn't do anything yet. Sadly, I'm not a developer and we couldn't find a team of developers so one could cover the other. That said, we need to wait for Alex.

That's all.

I'm silent because there is nothing new to say.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
-Israel

Hope you're okay.

Thanks for your email.

Hi Ali,

Hi again, my friend :)

I am very sorry to hear this. I do not 'get on' G+ usually, and I do not have facebook... so I did not know this.
I will be in prayer for you and your grandmother.
Yes, I realized to let people here know because it seems none of the team has seen my status.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. She needs our prayers, that is all what we could do :(

I understand that Alex is very busy.  I have been so busy lately too.

Just sent an email to Lubuntu Team. I do now understand the real meaning of being busy. I don't and will not blame anyone. We are all volunteers. If someone fails to understand that (as I used to do) then it is his/her problem. Those who dedicate their time to help the world, are really noble, kind and great people. They do deserve our respect. I have learned, as always, the hard way and I hope I shall never forget this fact. It is near impossible to cope with real life and other things at the same time. I've been super busy lately to the point that I'm no longer a human. Believe it or not. So, I can't blame Alex nor anyone else from now and on.

On the plus side, Lubuntu 14.04 will be LTS, so that will cover many of the 'better' computers.

Yep, saw that :)
I've been following myself with Tim with Ubuntu Technical Board and The Release Team. I've been fighting for the last 5 months to get an LTS status to Ubuntu GNOME as well. So, I know all these details :)

I do hope you and your grandmother are better.

I hope that, thanks a lot :)

Thanks my friend.

NO!
Thank you and everyone here who has shared his valuable time to do something for this project in order to draw a smile on people face. You guys are unique, kind and great.

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad