Re: ToriOS News

Hi Gustavo and everyone,

On 06/02/2014 02:27 PM, Gustavo Silva wrote:
I can deal with that as long as I have updates from someone of the team telling me about the plans and current status. I know there are several things going at once, so I need something to write as well.

If truth to be told, I'm looking for someone who could save the trouble for me/everyone and be proactive enough to make a summary from whatever is going on on the mailing list, IRC, etc and publish that on our news section :)

I used to do the writing on that section alone. Now, neither my time, health nor energy are enough to do this task. That is why I need extra help :)

Note that we don't need to include everything, only the highlight and the important stuff that the world may care about or be useful at any rate.

It requires someone to be active and read everything. Beside, how to extract news from the mailing list.

But, I'd recall that English is not my native language so it's harder to write perfect English.

As if English is my first language :D :P
Don't worry about that. From what I have read from you so far, I don't find anything wrong but maybe because my English isn't perfect but hey, nothing is perfect ;) even people with English as first language do mistakes ;)

Jack Trice could be the best one among us who can help to check any statement :D he's always correcting anything I write :P not always I like that to be honest :P :P :P but someone with this skill is very helpful :D

If that's no problem for you, I can deal with the Wordpress part.

I'm ready for more Qs in case you have any? :)

I don't feel I should take care of the media as well since this may be the best opportunity to occupy more people that are doing nothing on this project like me :)

Yes, I agree. But if you'll write the news then you're going to publish that while someone else might take care of other parts. Publishing a post is super easy. The hardest part is to keep our channels (social media) active.

Cheers!
Gustavo

Thank you!

    Hi everyone,

    The idea behind having a dedicated 'News' Area for ToriOS was:
    http://torios.org/news/welcome/

    I simply wanted to document each and every single step that we
    take which might be interested to some people. This has so many
    advantages. The best and highly needed advantage is being honest +
    direct and get more interested people to join and help. This is
    really important for ToriOS. I don't want to build a system here,
    I have a lot of plans to go beyond that. ToriOS community will not
    just work on an Operating System ;) otherwise, I would never take
    the burden to create a new project and go through all the headache
    of any project.

    That said, I do need someone with some skills to take over that
    area as I'd be the biggest lair if I will say that I can do this.
    Sorry, I no longer have time to do that.

    There are many people here without any task to do whatsoever. I
    hate to keep anyone waiting as I do hate myself to wait. So, I
    need someone to step in and do this.

    The idea is very simple, really: just write and publish whatever
    we're doing. It would be better to do that daily and it is very
    okay to do more than one post per day.

    The area is based on WordPress - I will provide the needed access
    to the one who would like to step in.

    Also, this will keep our Social Media Busy :) these are idle right
    now.

    And ... I need someone to keep these channels busy:
    http://torios.org/news/social-media/

    The more 'News' we write and publish, the more active these
    channels will be.

    By the way, everything should go through me before being
    published, that is my only little condition :D as a founder of
    this project, I care a lot about the quality of our posts. Not
    that I don't trust you, but I just want to make sure we're
    publishing the correct information using the right way to achieve
    that.

    Waiting for your replies :)

    Those who have assigned tasks already and doing something already
    ... please ignore this :P you're not invited :D hehe
    No really, I don't want anyone to be burned out ... because I know
    how it feels :) there are some people here doing nothing (not
    their faults - it is my fault) and it is time to do something ...

    Thanks!

-- Ali/amjjawad
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

    <https://launchpad.net/%7Etorios>