Re: Lightweight screenshot tool, and some other default programs

On 06/18/2014 11:30 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> 2014-06-19 01:18, Israel skrev:
>> On 06/18/2014 10:54 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel,
>
> I don't think people need extremely wide window borders. 28 px should be
> enough. But I do think the border should have a very different colour,
> so that an editing window or terminal window can be seen as separate
> from an adjacent window or partly overlapping window.
>
> I am not so sure about the title bar, but probably your limit is OK.
> What is your reason to limit the window border and title bar? Saving
> memory or some other reason?
>
> Great to get help from Sam Hewitt :-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi, Nio!

The reason to limit is is that I am using a slider widget to change the
size.  It makes it make more sense when using it if it isn't 128pixels
wide and you want to have it 4 pixels wide.  You have a huge slider that
should only move a tiny amount.  And I think a slider is much nicer than
entering text....  I suppose I could use a different widget.  I just
think it looks nicer as a slider, and is easy to use.  I can always
easily change it down the line if users complain that they want 128px
wide window borders.
This might become a problem using ToriOS on a really nice HPDI
monitor... though that is not what ToriOS is being built for.

I want to take into account the casual average users.  The people that
just want to use a computer, and maybe make the colors a little
different, or make the text larger, or the window border a bit larger.

I think adding in an 'advanced' feature could let the 'power' users
tweak the settings in a way that could make their WM messed up... I
don't want to prevent FULL customization, or prevent casual users from
having an intuitive interface.