Re: Website

Hi again!
On 07/13/2014 05:26 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

> On 07/14/2014 01:33 AM, Israel wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi and thanks for your quick reply :)
>>
>> Ok Ali... I got most of it done....
>> Please check the site for BUGS.
>> I did a bit of hacking around, so I am not sure if I accidentally
>> 'broke' something else.
>> I was trying to get it looking better on a whole, including those
>> changes (not the screen shots yet...  though, that is minor)
>> So let me know how it is looking before I go any further :)
>
> 1. The home page does not look nice yet :( I don't know how to make it
> better ... maybe one link is enough that is about? I think we need to
> take a look at different websites and learn from others how they do
> their things? I want it to be simple and short yet beautiful. I see no
> reason why for example the logo should be on the left not the middle?
> also the 'Welcome' message is huge. Maybe we should remove it?

The logo is on the left because the picture you sent me.  The page looks
almost exactly like your picture, doesn't it?

My opinion is that the Home page needs to be very simple, and very nice
looking.
The text and buttons are not good looking.
Maybe one About button, (a different color, and size)
We could change the home page to not have the 'top bar'
and make a series of links below the logo.
to keep it clean and simple

> 2- Community page: the name of the members + their avatars is okay to
> be in the middle but not the text as it is not consistent with other
> pages. All pages should follow the same pattern ;)
I'll check it out... I knew some pages might have a slight problem when
I changed things.  That is why I wanted you to help check it!!

> 3- Join Us page: Who are we text "take a look ..." should be aligned
> to left instead of middle :D
I don't think so... it looks really bad over there.  If I move that to
the bottom, it will match the other one, though.
There is not enough text for it to look right.

> 4- Contact Us page: looks better and Ii like the left bar for the
> social media but the problem when I check it on my mobile, it does not
> scroll down and G+ button will be missing. On the browser, it is okay.
> Maybe if it gets smaller a bit and does not move with scroll?
Ok, I was wondering if that would happen.  I will tweak it a bit, to get
it sized correctly.

> Also: "For Development" instead of "Dev" :D

Ok, I changed it to make the text fit in the 'box' when it is shrunk
down...  But I can check it on some devices...  I made the 'box' thinner
because you wanted it thinner... but on smaller screen it doesn't look
good with text overflowing.  I will tweak it a bit more.

> I guess that is all for now ...
thanks for the feedback!!