Re: About me and ToriOS

Hi Ali!
Hi Everyone!

*ISO*
I think making an Alpha release would be fine to do!
This will require quite a bit of coordinating.  Nio had made the
original pre-alpha ISO.
So, I think this may fall into his area of expertise.  I have never made
a full OS ISO before.

So my proposal is to *narrow down what we need to include on the disk*!!!!

With the current Menu system almost fully in place (I need to work out a
few packaging/installing details) we can build this up pretty soon.

  I don't fully know what all is needed to get my program onto the
disc.  We'd also need to link in the PPA to be updated... actually it
might be better to start an official ToriOS PPA, rather than mine.
  This way we can have the Stable ToriOS official PPA, and I can do my
experiments in my 'mostly stable' and 'radical changes' PPAs
We can eventually migrate the testing to a 'daily' PPA.

  We need to include some sort of background.. seriously.  If no one has
anything I will look through my photography and art to see what I have
that fits well with the default color scheme.
The default colours have been decided as a 'Dark' Theme, from the poll
we had a while back.

  I have a directory of Numix icons that have been converted.  That we
need to install somewhere (i.e. usr/share/icons/ToriOS)  I can try to
whip up a quick PPA to install the miscellaneous stuff this weekend perhaps.

  I need to modify the Icon chooser code to include all the icon
sub-directories given a certain size (like 24 or 48 or whatever)
To make it really super smart and figure out everything and look really
pretty is going to take a while... I am doing many different things at
the same time.

*NEWS*
I can post to the mailing list and to G+ occasionally... but I am
spending so much time right now programming.  I am using C++, and BASH
and I am trying to figure out what programs we need, what needs to be
preconfigured, etc..  I have been using JWM as my daily WM for quite
some time, and using my program to do most things I need... and adding
things I want, and finding things that aren't as intuitive as I'd like
them to be, finding the hard to find runtime bugs/crashes that only
happen in certain circumstances, etc...

So I can e-mail the list with an e-mail titled [News]
But, I don't even have time to fix some of the minor webpage things I
have been meaning to for a while. (though I will try to get to this this
weekend).

That is all... back to code::blocks  :D