Re: ToriOS Default Apps

Hi,

On 08/11/2014 08:57 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:

Perhaps during the testing phase, we could include programs like lshw (list hardware) and inxi to aid diagnostics or generally to aid diagnostics, we could then ask people before asking questions to look up how info on their system.

just a thought

Such applications/programs/tools like: lshw which only require "CLI" is definitely fine to add without the need to ask whether to add or not :)

But what I was trying to explain on my previous email is we should avoid adding too much GUI applications. Why? because the idea of ToriOS is to give the user 100% freedom to build his/her system the way he/she wants.

We offer the basic. They build the rest. This is ToriOS philosophy :)

Paul

Thanks for your thought :)