Re: Locale Chooser

Den 2014-09-08 11:10, Jack T. skrev:
> On Mon, September 8, 2014 4:05 am, Israel wrote:
>> Hey everyone...
>> I made this bash script..
>> This should enable users to set their Locale very easily...
>> Anyone want to test it for me?
>> There are two files
>> locale.sh and list locale.sh needs to be marked executable keep both in the
>> same directory It needs zenity installed, but the script should check for
>> this and ask to install it.
>>
>> to run it go to the directory with both files and type ./locale.sh
>>

>> Thanks everyone :)
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>>

>> --
>>

> Hi Israel,
>
> I tested this out inside my ToriOS install inside VB...seemed to operate
> okay...but my choice uk/GB did not persist over a logoff or reboot.
>
> JackT.

Hi Israel and Jack,

It does not work properly for Swedish (at least not in ToriOS and
Lubuntu Trusty). See this link.

Maybe something is lacking in order for Swedish to be implemented.
German and French worked better. for example de-DE.utf8 made the header
line of df change to German. With the -h (human readable option), French
worked, but not German, which stopped at a special German character.

df -h # OK if French, bad if German, English header if Swedish locale
rox   # OK if French, OK if German, English header if Swedish locale

But it did not work until I used the export command in the folling link.
(It is hard to reboot the live system, and I did not try in an installed
ToriOS system.)

http://www.shellhacks.com/en/HowTo-Change-Locale-Language-and-Character-Set-in-Linux

Changing the keyboard seems independent:

setxkbmap se
setxkbmap de
setxkbmap fr