Re: Installed System Questions

Den 2014-09-11 04:24, Israel skrev:
> Hi all,
> just some quick questions....
> Is there any major issues you have found with the installed system?
> I have an updated version that will go into the next tarball, but I need
> to know of any major issues effecting you guys before I can tar it up
> and release the next iteration for testing before we go to Beta.
> A LOT of issues were fixed in the live version.  There are still a few
> minor issues there.
>
> As a user, what do you expect from a minimal OS?
> What do you all want from this?
> What will make things easiest?
>
> Please send me all your ideas, and suggestions, and critiques.  Thank you!!
>

> A side note:
> Installing software via synaptic is fairly straight forward and easy...
> however one day we may need a better solution (read: easier for novice
> users... i.e pictures and a simple layout), as synaptic can be very hard
> for a new user to navigate (as I recall).  This is a long way off of
> course.  Jörn may be working on a QML software installer for LXQt...
> but I think something lighter and faster is in order.  This is a long
> way off progect for me, as I still have a way to go on the settings
> manager, before it will be beta, and I haven't had as much time for it
> as I'd like being wrapped up in other things, as well as building the
> OS.  Any daring people are welcome to apply :)

Hi Israel,

The installed system:

The network is necessary before we can even start thinking about
installing anything, but you are aware of that problem ;-)

Shutdown and Reboot should work, now only Logout works.

Synaptic is good enough for me. What about the software centers that
already exist? Ubuntu Software Center, Lubuntu Software Center ... they
are probably available from the repos, and it is not a good idea to
re-invent the wheel. I guess the Ubuntu Software Center is more
complete. I don't know if it would add too much bloatware, it can be
tested. Maybe we can offer installation of it from the text menu and
from the graphical menu. Then it will not bloat the iso file.