Re: ISO update

Hi Nio,
[inline reply]
On 09/19/2014 02:17 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel,
> [replying inline]
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2014-09-19 00:29, Israel skrev:
> The OBI is light and simple. But it does pack also the programs, that
> are already there in the live system, while the conventional installers
> (alternate and desktop) do not. If you manage to make a desktop
> installer do the same job as ubiquity but with less need of RAM, it
> would be great. But I don't think it is easy.
>
> Letting the users configure their own password and username is possible
> already with the OBI. Make a tarball of an OEM system, that is 'ready
> for the end user'.
>
> Size is no problem except for keeping an iso file within CD size. For
> DVD drives or USB pendrives you can spend 4 GB, which is a lot :-) In
> Sweden it is difficult to buy a USB pendrive with less than 4 GB.
I will look into the OEM feature.  This sounds very good to use.
Oh, also  you may want start using nodm on your liveCD instead of lightDM.
It is something I tried to use and it works very well (so far).
You don't need to set up any sort of xinit or xservverc stuff.  You
simply log straight into the DE/WM.
No need to enter a password or login at all.
It is not safe for installed systems (of course) or mulituser systems.
It is built for embeded OS, and smartphones where you need to boot to
the GUI.
> I'm looking forward to ToriOS beta :-)

Me too!