Re: Tarball making via chroot

Den 2014-09-24 15:06, Israel skrev:
> Hi, I made a tarball in a chroot.
> The only issue with using this tarball, is that the /boot/grub directory
> has nothing in it.
> After installing and repairing grub, I have booted into it.
>
> Nio, does OBI installer not run this?
> grub-install /dev/sda
>
> To fix grub I did it in chroot
> mount everything we need
>
> mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
> mount /dev /mnt/dev
> mount /sys /mnt/sys
> mount /proc /mnt/proc
>
> After this is done you can chroot into the install
>
> chroot /mnt
>
> update-grub
> exit
> umount /mnt/dev
> umount /mnt/sys
> umount /mnt/proc
> umount /mnt
>
> bootable system.
>
> Anyhow building the tar from a chroot is a fast way to prototype the
> base install, and recover from any mistakes.  I can tweak it in a VM,
> and find better solutions, and simply rebuild the tarball again.
>
> Is it worth implementing the grub fixer/installer for chroot tarballs Nio?

Yes Israel,

In my OBI-9w

$ grep grub-install mk*
mkp1:"$startdir"/grub-installer "$device"
mkp2p1:"$startdir"/grub-installer "$device"
mkpxpy:"$startdir"/grub-installer "$target"

and grub-installer is an own batch file containing what you ask for

$ grep grub-install grub-installer
grub-install --boot-directory=/boot "$device"

In the standard OBI (where you got your obi-patch from)

$ grep grub-install mk*
mkp1:grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot "$device"
mkp2p1:grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot "$device"
mkpxpy:grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot "$target"