Re: manual update 13/10/2014 and shutdown

Den 2014-10-13 13:55, Paul Sutton skrev:
> Hi
>
> Manual :
>
> I have updated the manual again and included a chapter on login /
> logout and created extra chapters. for desktop and applications, I
> may further sub divide this if need be.
>
> the logout includes a screen shot with the logout dialogue so I
> need a graphic with just one dialogue.  right now its a whole
> screen in the manual.
>
> Shutdown:
>
> If I click the shutdown menu, then shutdown it just shuts down with
> no warning,  it may be worth adding a confirm dialogue, otherwise
> people may accidentally shutdown their system.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Israel told me how to find the manual :-)

(Obviously I was looking at the wrong place before)

It is a nice manual - but there are still things to polish.

1. Disclaimer

Page 47: "ToriOS contains a tool called mktbl, this tool can backup
your entire disk as a tarball to easily reinstall"

It does not work for Windows (before installing or if dual boot), or
at least, I would not issue any guarantee that it does. But it works
to backup a linux partition (with the ext file system), so ToriOS can
be backup up and restored by means of the OBI.

2. Install from Windows

Unetbootin as well as mkusb works in most linux distros, but I think
it is also very important, that Unetbootin works in Windows (and I
think also in MacOS). Please write very clearly, at or near page 16,
that Unetbootin can be installed in Windows and used to create a
ToriOS boot USB pendrive/stick/flash/thumb drive (whatever name you
prefer, or all of them).