Re: manual update

Den 2014-10-13 17:19, Paul Sutton skrev:
> Ok updated the manual a little, still need to work on the bit about
> installing from windows.
>
> and add something about mkusb
>
> I have however added the keyboard shortcuts table so that is one big
> step forward.
>
> I will write a guide to making the cd up using k3b as I still find
> windows XP mega confusing on this issue,  esp when iut comes to burn
> vs copy
>
> for now you can git pull and grab the latest manual build
>

> Paul

Hi again Paul,

mkusb is split now into one GUI program 'mkusb' and two console or text
applications, mkusb-nox and mkusb-bas. The GUI version works in ToriOS
(as well as in Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, openSUSE. Arch to mention a few
distros).

mkusb-nox 'can do what mkusb can' but without eye-candy. mkusb-bas is
basic and can be used in simple distros, where certain tools are not
available (I have tested and tweaked it to work in Wary Puppy and Tiny
Core).

The manuals are at the links below, and I don't think you need to
rewrite them, maybe only refer to them (and if you want me to improve
something, please tell me).

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/mkusb/mkUSB-quick-start-manual.pdf

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/mkusb/mkUSB-quick-start-manual-nox.pdf

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/mkusb/mkUSB-quick-start-manual-bas.pdf