Re: ToriOS Beta - When?

On 10/17/2014 10:22 AM, Ali Linx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Before sleeping, I thought to send this to be clear in regard of the
> subject.
>
> ToriOS needs as much time for testing as possible in order to release
> a rock solid system. That said, I highly disagree to hurry up and
> release Beta before we make sure Alpha is at least 90% functional as
> expected.
>
> Yes, with Alpha, you should expect even less than 50% functionality -
> usually. With ToriOS, I'd like to see a much higher ratio. Also, if
> you all remember, I have mentioned that so many times previously that
> I don't mind to live with a functional Alpha rather than a buggy
> stable release if you know what I mean.
>
> That said, I'd suggest and propose to keep testing as much as possible
> until 1st of Nov, 2014. By then, we decide if we are ready or not,
> based on the feedback we have, etc.
>
> Luckily, 1st of Nov, 2014 is going to be Saturday so that is a great
> chance and a good topic to have a meeting about.
>
> We are on the right track, no doubt so my only concern here is rushing
> things ... I want to take as long time as possible for the sake of
> stability. I want to exceed each and every expectations with ToriOS
> 1.0 :)
>
> Thank you and now, excuse me, I must ZzzZzz

Hi Ali,
there is no rushing here.
I just have addressed most of the issues from the feedback you gave.

This one:

/(13) Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think ToriOS as of today, it
does support multiple users, correct? because the only user for now is
"torios" and I don't think we can have another one, right? we could
using the terminal - maybe - but GUI approach is not yet available,
correct? this is one of the major things that we need to address, fix
and test. /
/
/Is the//only thing left I think... at least from your list.
So that is pretty close to Beta, right?

I have a few goals too..
*Locale changer (finish)
*localized Shutdown menu (start)

*jwm-settings-manager (lots of stuff though it is barebones enough to
work without crashing from my testing)