comparison

Hi toriosadores,

I have been iso-testing Lubuntu 14.10, and right after that I booted a
live pendrive with ToriOS, and I must share my feeling with you.

Lubuntu has gradually grown is size (RAM-wise). At least starting this
year, maybe starting with 13.10, is has also become slower booting so
that I notice it even in my Toshiba laptop with an Intel i5 CPU and 4 GB
RAM.

I think that ToriOS will be very welcome by a lot of people who use old
computers, but also by people who use newer computers. It boots
lightning fast in my Toshiba. It boots without any glitches concerning a
USB 3 hub, which is rather new and should be recognized better by a
newer engine under the hood. Lubuntu 14.10 boots only sometimes via that
USB 3 hub.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS under the hood is still going strong and a good
fundament for ToriOS. And ToriOS has nice and efficient software for the
desktop environment :-)