Ideas I have introduced to Ubuntu GNOME

Hi everyone,

As I have announced earlier that my motto for this cycle will be: "Show me, don't tell me." .. I have also decided to make this cycle as different as possible. That said, so far, 3 new things were introduced to Ubuntu GNOME:

1- Translation the release notes:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UtopicUnicorn/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuGNOME

That was an answer to my call here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2014-October/002345.html

Of course, inspired by Lubuntu :)

2- Cycle Assessment:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/CycleAssessment

This is brand new idea for Ubuntu GNOME. It is a way to highlight the mistakes and the achievements as well.

3-  Not yet finished: Vacancies:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/Vacancies

The getting involved page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved

Despite it is organized and well explained, it remains a general page. That is why, I had to think of something more specific. I haven't done anything to that page yet except creating it. The team loved the idea and filled it. But this is not how I wanted so will add my touches soon :)

4- Not yet done: User Survey:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2014-October/002388.html

This is IMHO very important given that Ubuntu GNOME never done that yet.

Now, I know that ToriOS is not Ubuntu GNOME nor Ubuntu GNOME is ToriOS. However, the brain behind these ideas is the same brain behind ToriOS and I am very interested to apply some of these ideas (at least for now) to ToriOS as well.

The idea that I'd like to start with is the vacancies idea :)
We can add a sub-page under:
http://torios.org/join.html

Example: http://torios.org/join/vacancies.html

Also, I think it would be very helpful if we could manage to find translators to help with the marketing stuff :)

That is all for now :)

For further discussion, either you reply this email or show up on the weekly meeting tonight at 20:00GMT (Sat, 1st of Nov, 2014).

Thank you!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad