Re: JeOS

On 12/09/2014 10:51 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2014/12/its-a-snap.html
>
> Is this by any chance helpful for us?!

Hi Ali,
For some reason I thought I replied to this already and I just noticed I
hadn't.
This may one day prove useful... but it will also make the system much
bigger.
Basically (from what I gather) they will be making certain things
install much like Windows or OSX where each thing brings in its own set
of libraries.
Also, it seems geared toward the 'cloud' more than for the desktop, and
they may not implement anything like this for the desktop since they are
using click packages for that.

So... ultimately I don't think this will be useful... but it might one
day...

-Israel
ToriOS Team