Re: jwm-settings-manager etc...

On 12/17/2014 05:03 PM, Israel wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi and thank you for your email :)
I have been working on fixing a few of the minor issues in the settings
manager.  It now is becoming more portable!  It will now use the user's
$PATH to check for the executables we are looking for.
I have also looked a little more at some of the sdesk stuff, and have
been talking with technosaurus (of Puppy fame : ) and may have a working
battery monitor soon... one that does not require a power manager.  It
is also written in C and is only a dozen or so KB when compiled.. so
this will be a huge gain for memory and usability (if all goes well).
There is also some preliminary code in there for a wireless applet...
but I am not working on the program at all right now... just trying to
understand it so I can use it (and modify it for versions after 12.04
that do not use /proc/acpi/battery/BATT*  but rather use
/sys/class/whatever_it_is_i_am_tired)
It looks promising!

I still hope to get the ISO released this year :)
While it would be great to have Beta around this year, it is not a must though. What does matter is: the ISO will be as stable as a final release so we can use it for daily use, not just for testing. As discussed before, that would buy us more time.

If we won't be able to do it this year, don't make this a stressful issue at all. There is a reason why I haven't forced any release schedule :D

But I have been very
busy in non-digital world...

Real life comes first ;)

and building the ISO and testing can take a
lot of time.

I can understand that.

I also could not even boot the mini.iso on my old
computer... which is funny because ToriOS boots just fine.
Indeed and weird.

Not sure why
mini would have problems... but hurray for ToriOS working well on old
computers!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great to know ;) :D

--
Ali/amjjawad