Reminder: HOWTO Use ToriOS Mailing List

Dear everyone,

While I highly appreciate your usage to this mailing list, thankful, and forever grateful to all of you; we must all agree that this mailing list is our main channel of communications [1] [2] and therefore, there are certain guidelines we need to follow to make the best of using this mailing list of ToriOS and at the end of the day, everyone will get the best information he/she needs to be aware of. In short, let's make this main channel of communication as healthy as possible.

I have brought this to your kind attention at the last weekly meeting [3], allow me to remind you yet again about the importance of this matter.

In short, we are all required to follow this:

1. All of us came from Ubuntu and/or Ubuntu Official Flavors Communities.
2. ToriOS is based on Ubuntu.
3. We are using Launchpad for the mailing list, bugs (not yet) and
   blueprints.

For these 3 reasons, IMHO, it is logical to refer and use:

If there is any problem with that, kindly let me know and I'll be more than happy to explain or answer any question. My main role here is to make life easier for EVERYONE.

A side from above, we have agreed at our last weekly meeting [3] to create a new mailing list for purely announcement/news kind of emails/communications which has 'less' technical or development talk. In another word, let's keep this mailing list for purely development and have a less technical and easier to understand (and follow) mailing list for general talk with of course less traffic.

The main advantages:

1. Keep torios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for development talk.
2. Create a better and healthier environment of communication.
3. Make it much easier for everyone (specially non-technical people) to
   follow up with ToriOS.
4. Make it much easier for marketing purposes to extract the important
   news/updates and publish them.
5. We are growing up in quality and progress of the project and we need
   to be more organized and more advance. We expect our community to
   grow in quantity shortly.

If there are any:

 * Thoughts
 * Feedback
 * Suggestions
 * Questions
 * Objections
 * etc

Kindly let me know :)

As always, thank you so much for everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Everyone here has contributed to this project. Whether it is a code he spent days and nights to write or a single word he/she has written on this mailing list; thanks goes to each and everyone here!

I'm the one with almost no contributions to this project/community. But I need to always remember: All of us are smarter than anyone of us. Together, we have achieved a lot. Can you believe we're 15 days away to finish one full year? WOW!

Thank you!

[1] http://torios.org/contact.html

[2] Due to different timezones, we can't be on IRC at the same time. Also, some of us don't really like or prefer IRC.

[3] http://phillw.net/meetbot/torios/2014/torios.2014-12-27-21.01.moin.txt

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad