Re: OBI version 2.7 (Was: Re: New ISO building (network monitor) )

On 12/30/2014 01:55 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

> Hi Israel,
>
> But I am not sure it will work just as is. I am not sure, but I think
> that you have changed things to make the OBI work in ToriOS. There are
> also things to be done 'outside' of the files themselves to make the OBI
> work. This is why I recommend that you run the OS versions with the OBI
> inside them. Then you will see it work, and, I hope, it helps you figure
> out what is different compared to your system that does not work.
>
> -o-
>
> Anyway, the only files changed after the previous tarball dated Sept 4 2014
>
> 68eaef07441f17b42e8bc713f4187d39  obi-patch-for-torios.tar.xz
>
> are starter and change.log
>
> and you get them here
>
> obi-patch-for-torios_new-starter.tar.xz
>
> with this md5sum: 762f32791099dc77be97bb30501371a8
>
> -o-
>
> I have also replaced/added the current versions of mkusb, mkusb-nox and
> the corresponding help file mkUSB-quick-start-manual.pdf to the 'full
> version' dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_27_LubuntuTrusty.img.xz
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,
I will have to do that then :)
I have definitely adapted OBI, since I have made a PPA that installs it.
So I have had to change many things in the scripts to allow it to run
while looking for things in the install directory (rather than
/home/myself or /root )  I have also done a few other things (like
looking for mktbl in the bin directory)  I am also adapting mktbl to be
zmktbl so there is a nice Zenity dialog for it.  I am going to modify it
a bit more to check if the X display is open, and use zmktbl rather than
mktbl.

Anyhow when I get a chance I will download it and test it to see what is
different.

-Israel
ToriOS Team