Re: compiling the manual

On 03/01/15 02:03, Israel wrote:
> On 01/02/2015 03:55 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>

>> I have just recently installed mint and tex studio, as a result
>> the manual did not compile
>>
>> I did some investigating and  ran the following commands and it
>> seems to have installed all or most of what is required to make
>> the manual compile in texstudio.
>>
>> sudo apt-get install latex sudo apt-get install
>> texlive-latex-base sudo apt-get install
>> texlive-generic-recommended
>>
>> I am posting here,  that way others know what to do.  However it
>> also serves as a reminder to myself about this,  posting here
>> simply shares the info so others have it,  (don't put all eggs in
>> 1 basket so to speak)
>>
>> I am now working on re-wording the networking section of the
>> manual testing chapter to sort out networking.  It seems that
>> following the manual DOES work but due to issues with ToriOS
>> networking whentesting it didn't work.
>>
>> Hopefully with the new image virtual box will be able to act as a
>> way for the toriOS image either live or installed OS to grab the
>> IP information needed to access the internet.
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Hi Paul, THANK YOU!! This is very good to document for the mailing
> list! As a side note, ToriOS-desktop should run in Mint as well,
> since you can use PPAs. :) But, of course we will need more testing
> before that is suggested :)

Oops sending to the list, this time. sorry

That is a good idea,  If I download the mini ISO and install that,
then add the ToriOS PPA I should be able to update and add the
required packages.

Again for the record mini  iso can be found here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

Paul

- --
http://www.zleap.net