Re: Mini ISO (Was: compiling the manual)

Hi Paul,

On 01/03/2015 06:27 AM, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On 03/01/15 02:03, Israel wrote:
> > On 01/02/2015 03:55 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >>

> >> I have just recently installed mint and tex studio, as a result
> >> the manual did not compile
> >>
> >> I did some investigating and  ran the following commands and it
> >> seems to have installed all or most of what is required to make
> >> the manual compile in texstudio.
> >>
> >> sudo apt-get install latex sudo apt-get install
> >> texlive-latex-base sudo apt-get install
> >> texlive-generic-recommended
> >>
> >> I am posting here,  that way others know what to do.  However it
> >> also serves as a reminder to myself about this,  posting here
> >> simply shares the info so others have it,  (don't put all eggs in
> >> 1 basket so to speak)
> >>
> >> I am now working on re-wording the networking section of the
> >> manual testing chapter to sort out networking.  It seems that
> >> following the manual DOES work but due to issues with ToriOS
> >> networking whentesting it didn't work.
> >>
> >> Hopefully with the new image virtual box will be able to act as a
> >> way for the toriOS image either live or installed OS to grab the
> >> IP information needed to access the internet.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>
> > Hi Paul, THANK YOU!! This is very good to document for the mailing
> > list! As a side note, ToriOS-desktop should run in Mint as well,
> > since you can use PPAs. :) But, of course we will need more testing
> > before that is suggested :)
>

> Oops sending to the list, this time. sorry
>
> That is a good idea,  If I download the mini ISO and install that,
> then add the ToriOS PPA I should be able to update and add the
> required packages.
>

> Again for the record mini  iso can be found here
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
>
> Paul

That ISO for precise does NOT boot on a lot of PCs...
Unfortunately, the mini wont work very well... however there are some
PCs I have had it work with, though I was booting from GRUB manually (my
computer didn't boot from USB).
Anyhow,
once we test
INSTALLING the torios-desktop package on existing machines, and choosing
the
ToriOS session... we will know if everything works well enough to try it
on production PCs

I don't want anyone to test this session on a machine they are not
willing to reinstall on, or remove things manually.  I think it should
work, but again I don't know everything about GNU/Linux so I can't say
it will until we find out :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team