Re: manuals

Den 2015-01-16 14:14, Paul Sutton skrev:
> Hi
>
> Just created the documents required to produce the 2 additional
> manuals to complement the main toriOS manual
>
> https://github.com/zleap/torios-manual
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 psutton psutton  57K Jan 16 13:07
> torios-OBI-Quick-install-manual.pdf
> -rw------- 1 psutton psutton 6.2M Jan 10 20:32 torios.pdf
> -rw-r--r-- 1 psutton psutton  57K Jan 16 13:07 torios-testing-manual.pdf
>

> The toriOS manual is the same as before the other 2 have the logo and
> the start of the table of contents.
>
> I have decided to put all 3 in the same directory that way screenshots
> can be shared across the manuals, from the same source tree.
>
> I am still working on the manual on my website for installing toriOS
> on to the mini ISO so once this is complete and I assume transfered
> over to the website then we can either link directly to it, or just
> grab the text / screen shots in to the manual.
>
> I can simply cut / paste the virtual box section over to the testing
> manual.   Is the TorioS shell script to upgrade the mini ISO designed
> to be used by the end user or is it just part of the testing process?
>

> Hope this helps
>

> Paul

Great :-)

I'll have a look at the manuals.

The TorioS shell script to upgrade the mini ISO could be used both ways.
When we think it works well enough, I think it can be offered as a more
advanced and flexible alternative to install ToriOS.

I have just completed a basic install from mini.iso, and I'm ready to
test the script

torios-precise-x86.sh