Re: manuals

On 01/16/2015 09:30 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-01-16 14:14, Paul Sutton skrev:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just created the documents required to produce the 2 additional
>> manuals to complement the main toriOS manual
>>
>> https://github.com/zleap/torios-manual
>>
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 psutton psutton  57K Jan 16 13:07
>> torios-OBI-Quick-install-manual.pdf
>> -rw------- 1 psutton psutton 6.2M Jan 10 20:32 torios.pdf
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 psutton psutton  57K Jan 16 13:07 torios-testing-manual.pdf
>>

>> The toriOS manual is the same as before the other 2 have the logo and
>> the start of the table of contents.
>>
>> I have decided to put all 3 in the same directory that way screenshots
>> can be shared across the manuals, from the same source tree.
>>
>> I am still working on the manual on my website for installing toriOS
>> on to the mini ISO so once this is complete and I assume transfered
>> over to the website then we can either link directly to it, or just
>> grab the text / screen shots in to the manual.
>>
>> I can simply cut / paste the virtual box section over to the testing
>> manual.   Is the TorioS shell script to upgrade the mini ISO designed
>> to be used by the end user or is it just part of the testing process?
>>

>> Hope this helps
>>

>> Paul
>>

> Great :-)
>
> I'll have a look at the manuals.
>
> The TorioS shell script to upgrade the mini ISO could be used both ways.
> When we think it works well enough, I think it can be offered as a more
> advanced and flexible alternative to install ToriOS.
>
> I have just completed a basic install from mini.iso, and I'm ready to
> test the script
>
> torios-precise-x86.sh
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Paul,
I think it would be great if Geoffrey could convert it to html as well...
This would be a nice way to make it all use the same images, and remain
very small even if we have many translations available.

We can make some sort of script as the launcher to open it...
in the script it could get the locale and then choose the right manual.
We would just need to name them something like
ru-quickstart.html
de-quickstart.html
zh-quickstart.html
etc..
and default to the english version if a translation is not available
yet... maybe even give a message that asks for translations help :)

-Israel
ToriOS Team