jwm-settings-manager [progress]

Hi,
I have been running ToriOS pretty heavily on a fairly good computer (it
has about 1 gig RAM).
I have been testing a lot of stuff.
I have found some new bugs, and will be tracking them down and fixing
them soon.

These are the ones I have found today and haven't fixed...
*MAJOR bug:*
 - add Panel no longer works... this is annoying and a 'show stopper'
 - Mouse touchpad settings do not work reliably or indicate reliably...
(this should be a fairly easy fix)
*MINOR bug:*
 - Panel Border width does not work (not extremely important)... this
shows a border around the panel...  like I said... not extremely
important... but some might want an outline.
 - Inactive Window Font color does not work correctly... this should be
a fairly easy fix.
 - Multiple Desktops indicator is not working yet... again fairly minor
issue
 - Opacity for window title bars does not work yet.
 - the autohide settings have changed in newer versions (not the one we
are using) so I will have to fix this for the actual 2.3.0 release

A lot of these issues are due to the major recent changes I have had to
make to get things to work with 2.3.0 as well as 2.2.0
Most of these issues should be fairly easy to resolve.

*NEW FEATURES:*
 - Clock format chooser... this allows an Advanced user defined clock,
and shows some options.
I would like feedback on how to make this more clear... and eventually I
want to add the item by clicking on it.... maybe even simply display
each thing to add.
 - Opacity for the Panel, and Menu now works reliably... it works well
using xcompmgr.

I do have quite a list of items, but I have also been cleaning the code
up and making things easier to maintain in the future, or add new
features or support new things.  So all in all it is good progress....
but there needs to be more progress before we can release ToriOS beta...

That said... the OS I am running runs really well.  I have had no major
issues doing anything.  Network works great, and is extremely easy to
use, etc..  there are a lot of great features and I feel like this is a
great robust replacement for Lubuntu.  It has some features I really
wanted in Lubuntu (easier clock configuration, ability to configure
keyboard shortcuts without editing XML, and a few other things).  I am
finding JWM to be very beautiful and VERY light.  The desktop loads very
quickly.

-Israel
ToriOS Team