Subject: [Torios-dev] some recent updates
From: Israel <israel@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ToriOS developers <torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:

Hi everyone!
I have been working on a few different things recently, but I will try
to be concise.
*
OBI*
OBI is really a suite of programs, so I worked on a few different parts.

   - _Install Alongside_  I have made the install alongside option red
so it sticks out.  I also moved gparted and the installer script call
into a separate script.  This script  looks at the users computer and
shows them their current drives, and picks one and gives the basic size
for their swap they can use.  The text is still a bit under-developed,
but it now works.  In my most recent commit the
main menu item will open xedit with this text that has been created and
it will open gparted so you can read the text while using gparted.  This
way you can re-read the automatic labels if you have forgotten them, or
size the swap according to Nio's swap calculator

  - zmktbl I still need to do some more testing of this, but it was not
doing what I intended.  I have made some changes, but I still need to
test it.  I am also trying to give the user good information about their
system to help make a choice, so there are a few issues I may still need
to address.

*jwm-settings-manager*
The recent improvements I have made are mainly housekeeping.  I fixed a
bunch of compiler warnings (very harmless warnings) and I remade the
command line argument implementation.  It now accepts both short and
long versions  (man jwm-settings-manager)
but for those that do not have it installed basically:
-p  and --panel will open the panel settings
I also updated the default themes a bit.

*torios-core*
Nothing too major here.  I did add in a script to disable the
xdg-screensaver.  You can add it to your autostart... it is:
/usr/bin/inhibit-screensaver
This is fairly untested, but should work and may only need minor
improvements.

*ISO*
I will be rebuilding the ISO again soon to have the newer live version.
I also need to confirm that the installed version does indeed work when
installed.  I have not been able to gain Phill's attention to figure out
how to host ISOs publicly for download.

that about does it

-Israel
ToriOS Team