Re: Head of QA

On 02/23/2015 07:01 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2015-02-23 08:39, Ali Linx skrev:
On 02/23/2015 06:34 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2015-02-23 06:48, Ali/amjjawad skrev:
Hi,

I see a high need for someone to help Israel with his work on ToriOS
and step in as head of QA. I simply vouch for Nio because now his QA
and technical skills can easily surpass mine.

It is not a rocket science nor huge thing. It is a matter of more
organized team work, that's all.

Thanks!

Thank you!
Sent from my smartphone.

Hi Ali,
Hi Nio,

Thank you for thinking I can manage the QA task :-)
You deserve it :)
One big problem for me is that I cannot plan my time in such a way, that
I can attend meetings, and I think a head of QA is expected to attend
meetings (for example the Saturday meetings).

I am willing to help with ToriOS, but I do not want to have an official
task.
I understand and therefore, you don't have to attend meetings. You just
need to carry on with what you usually do: helping, supporting and
replying emails, etc. NOTHING special except a bit of more organized
team work.

If I am free like I used to be years ago, I would do everything myself
but all of you know my new life on this new country is harder and I
can't take more tasks at the moments.

Think about it :)

OK Ali,
Hi again,

I'll think about it - if I need not attend meetings (maybe I can attend
a meeting once in a great while), it might be possible.
Thank you for that :)

I've been a community manager for several projects at the same time. By now, I should know how to handle teams very well. That said, when I say you don't need to do anything special nor attend meetings except provide a bit more organized team work; I mean it and I know what I'm talking about :D

I try to keep my email inbox clean - so you can expect to reach me via
email.
As I said, nothing special except more organized team work. We're young and small community so no special arrangements are required. Once we grow bigger, we can start worrying about that. For now, nothing to worry about except organizing efforts.

There will be no more teams to be created. We already have torios-dev which is for development + QA as well.

Many thanks!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad