Re: ToriOS Beta2

Den 2015-02-23 04:47, Israel skrev:
> Hi again,
> hey everyone, I stopped uploading ToriOS-beta2... I think I found a
> possible fix to George's bug, so I am rebuilding (yet again) the ISO.  I
> will start uploading the new version once it finishes...
> If this works, I think this will be very nice, and fix other issues
> (possibly).
> So, if you found bugs in the first ISO, please still send them to the
> list so we can look for, and test for those specific bugs.  I also
> rebuilt the entire base, so if they are bugs there please post them.
> Maybe add [Beta Bugs] to your e-mail header....
>
> Thank you all!!!
>
> On 02/22/2015 09:33 PM, Israel wrote:
>>> I was about to get started to write my report and send it ...

Hi again Israel and all toriosadores,

@ Israel:

*ToriOS-beta*

What happened to ToriOS-beta2? Did it build successfully during the
night, so that you can upload it to the internet today?

@ all toriosadores:

*OEM installation*

The current installed system (tarball) works with the user torios. But
for the next major version after beta, maybe we'll call it 'the release
candidate', I suggest that we use an OEM installation (with a wizard to
create a user id and an own password).

If that will make the iso file too big for CD, there could be an
alternative OEM style iso file, oversized for CD but useful in all
computers that can boot from DVD/USB.

It is also possible to upload a separate ToriOS OEM style tarball to be
used with the standard One Button Installer, which boots from USB.

But in the best of worlds, we can make an OEM tarball small enough for a
CD size ToriOS iso file.

*Installation with meta packages*

Another alternative is particularly good for people who want special
partitioning or other special features. The ToriOS meta packages in
Israel's PPAs make it possible to install ToriOS from an Ubuntu 12.04
LTS mini.iso.

1. Install a minimal text based system
2. Boot into the installed system and install the meta packages.
3. Reboot and you run ToriOS :-)

It is also possible to do this from the Ubuntu Server or any Ubuntu
desktop system. The hard disk drive and menus might be bloated with
software that belong to those systems, but it works.

-o-

What do *you* need? How do *you* want ToriOS to be available?