Re: ToriOS ISO

Hi Israel,

You can use dialog --form and --passwordform according to the attached
files to enter many things, for example the password and repeat it in
the same screen.

Den 2015-03-08 22:07, Israel skrev:
> Hi  Jack,
> you are very correct, however that would mean storing the password in
> memory in a variable, rather than passing it quickly on.
> I suppose I could revert it to give the double password prompt.
> You are correct though... the user may type it in wrong, and be stuck...
> There may be a good way to test it... maybe chroot in as the new user
> and make sure the password works.... if it fails, start over.
> i'll think over this some more...
>
> On 03/08/2015 03:20 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> When asked to add new user, I only noticed asking for password once.
>> Is it not good practice to ask again to re-enter for accuracy?
>>
>> JackT.
>>

>> > Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 08:01:01 -0500
>> > From: israel@xxxxxxxxxx
>> > To: torios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > Subject: [Torios] ToriOS ISO
>> >
>> > Hi everyone,
>> > please re-zsync your ISO.
>> > This one has the rebuilt base, and some improvements to OBI.
>> >
>> > Many bugs are fixed in this build. Please test for the bugs you have
>> > reported.
>> > It is getting very close to being ready for release! Thanks everyone
>> > fore testing!!!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > -Israel
>> > ToriOS Team
>> >

>> > --
>

> --
> Regards
>
> -Israel
> ToriOS Team

ans=$(dialog --ok-label "Submit" \
  --backtitle "Linux User Managment" \
  --title "Useradd" \
  --form "Create a new user" \
15 50 0 \
"Username:" 1 1 "$user" 1 10 10 0 \
"Shell:"    2 1 "$shell"  2 10 15 0 \
"Group:"    3 1 "$groups"  3 10 8 0 \
"HOME:"     4 1 "$home" 4 10 40 0 \
3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 3>&- ); echo "$ans"

ans=$(dialog --ok-label "Submit" \
  --backtitle "One Button Installer - Create Password" \
  --title "Create password" --insecure \
  --passwordform "Arrow down for 'Repeat password', TAB for 'Submit'" \
0 0 0 \
"Create new password:" 1 1 "" 1 22 64 0 \
"Repeat the password:" 2 1 "" 2 22 64 0 \
3>&1 1>&2 2>&3 3>&- ); echo "$ans"; echo "$psw1 $psw2"