Re: zsync time

Hi everyone,
zsync time :)

@Nio bellow

On 04/19/2015 09:27 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-04-20 01:51, Israel skrev:
>> Hi,
>> I am going to redo the upload I found I had an issue uploading it, so
>> please wait until my next e-mail.  Sorry for the delay :(
>>
>> On 04/19/2015 02:48 PM, Israel wrote:
> Hi Israel,
>
> A. The current ToriOS ISO file(s).
>
> 1. nano
>
> Do you install from the package .../archives/nano_2.2.6-1_i386.deb ?
>
> I run these commands in the persistent live session
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> apt-get --reinstall install nano
Nio, it is installed via the ubuntu meta packages I use to build the ISO.
The issue (I think) is doing a no recommends install (which makes it
much smaller)
I will add these lines to the script to build the ISO and see if this
fixes it...
I am not sure what I tried before, but if this works in the live
session, it might work well in the build scripts
> and nano works. How do you install it? Use nano, not pico or other packages!
>
> 2. I also installed zmktbl and ztweaks in the persistent live session
> and in the installed system.
they are in the new ISO
> 3. The installed system feels much better than before. I notice no major
> change in the live system (but I am sure you have done a lot).
Mostly jwm-settinge manager
> 4. I did not notice any major bug. What was the issue when you uploaded it?
It didn't upload the entire file...  And was WAY too large for CD if I had.
> B. zmktbl and ztweaks
>
> 1. There was still another minor bug concerning zmktbl - setting the
> default target directory for the live session. I think I have fixed it
> now, but have not uploaded it to Phill's server. Otherwise I think it
> has been stable during a lot of testing (by me) for some days now.
I used it earlier (for this current image) and it worked wonderfully!!
> 2. You did not include this version of zmktbl now. I guess you (and the
> other guys in the Saturday meeting) want more testing and development
> before bringing [the new] zmktbl and ztweaks into the iso file and tarball.
A newer version should be in this ISO...
> 3. There is no hurry, if we will not make it for ToriOS 1.0. After some
> months these apps might arrive into the installed system via a PPA with
> an update/upgrade, and into the next ToriOS ISO file, maybe after the
> summer, maybe a year from now.
Yeah, I try to push things quickly and sometimes you fix things even
quicker :)
We will have a much easier time with ToriOS 2.0, as all this groundwork
will be laid... just a simple change to using Trusty (I hope)
> 4. In the meantime I will include them into my original One Button
> Installer, which I think is quite polished and stable now, and ztweak
> into some tarball or compressed image file with a special and
> light-weight system.
Yes!  Remember you can also use the PPA if it is easier, as I try to
make it independant and flexible.  OBI gets the OS name (in the menus)
from the tarball name, and I have tried to generalize things to make
everything easier... though it is mostly an Ubuntu ONLY tool right now
(no time for porting to yum/pacman/etc...)
> 5. So let us look carefully into improvements of select-part2 including
> look and feel as well as unmounting and mounting automatically.
Yeah, think about my proposals as a sketch to get an idea... you are
very adept and quite genius with shell scripting.  You have a very good
logic about forming ideas into solid programs, and know bash more in
depth than I (I only took it up less than a year ago, remember?).  I
trust your programming decisions in bash very strongly, so I also trust
your motivation and coding practices with select-part2 will be very good.
> Best regards
> Nio

-Israel
ToriOS Team