Re: ToriOS Kernel

Peace to you too!

I am not entirely sure I understand everything you are asking here.
I am adding the ToriOS list to this conversation as there are some with
more experience on the server side.

As far as I can tell, you basically want to make a very old computer
work well.  I do not know what Linux distros are incompatible with the
hardware you indicate.  I do believe Puppy Linux Wary is going to be the
easiest route to take.  I am not even entirely sure if rebuilding the
kernel with non-cmov support will work, nor do I know entirely how to do
this yet.

I do know that Wary Puppy has the 2.6 version kernel and a lot of older
hardware is well supported.  There may be some other distros (I think
Oracle Enterprise Linux still uses 2.6 in version 7) that would work for
your older PC.

Could you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish here?
It sounds as though you are trying to mask an old computer as a server,
and hide this old PC away.  I am not sure why you are trying to prevent
someone from taking over the computer either, so if you could explain
more about what your intent is this will make things more clear.

-Israel
ToriOS Team