Re: Plymouth Theme

On 05/10/2015 02:23 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-05-10 06:21, Nio Wiklund skrev:
>> Den 2015-05-10 04:51, Israel skrev:
> Hi Israel and all toriosadores,
>
> That gives me the nice plymouth graphics at shutdown. To get it also at
> boot, you can run the following commands from

> sudo -s
> echo FRAMEBUFFER=y > /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
> update-initramfs -u
> exit  # exit from superuser privileges
>
> I'm not sure that is works in all computers, but it works for me now and
> it worked for many but not all people posting in that ubuntuforums thread.
>
> @ Israel: You can do this in the installed system before making the tarball.
>
> @ all toriosadores: Please try this in your computer and in VirtualBox
> and report your result!
>
> Best regards
> Nio
Hi Nio!
Thank you, I could not figure out what I had done wrong there :)
I could see it at shutdown, but not start....

Here is an alternate command, I just like one liners, and sudo echo
doesn't work, so you need tee

echo "FRAMEBUFFER=y" | sudo tee /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash &&
sudo update-initramfs -u

however, this did not seem to work on my testing machine.  I will test
it on another machine... but it does not yet work for me...

-Israel
ToriOS Team