Re: custom tarballs

Den 2015-05-26 23:34, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Hi again Israel and Jack,
> I made an OEM system (user oem, computer name oem) which seems to create
> problems for the OBI-installer while my own version of the OBI for
> precise works with it. (Also the standard OBI in Lubuntu Trusty works
> with such systems.) This system has the two 3.2 kernels with and without
> PAE and I will add fake-pae before uploading the tarball to Phill's
> server. I will install geany and evince too, but nothing big.
>
> - It works to use the OEM mechanism and nm-applet works.
>
> - The shutdown menu works correctly when I select the JWM session, but
> not in the ToriOS session. There is also a plain grey Openbox session,
> that works as it should. Openbox is necessary for the OEM mechanism to work.
>
> See the attached file.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again Israel and all testers,

Since before there is this text based version 2.9 or the OBI

http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/dd_images/dd_precise-obi_4GB_29_text.img.xz

that I have been using as a reliable and light-weight tool to make and
use ToriOS tarballs. Use mkusb to install it to a USB pendrive.

A few minutes ago I uploaded the following tarball

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/OBI/precise/tarballs/ToriOS-pae-OEM_prec_use-by-OBI-in-precise.tar.xz

which is the 'ToriOS-pae-OEM' tarball I tested in the previous mail.