Re: zsync the ISO time

Den 2015-06-07 15:06, Israel skrev:> Hi everyone,
> I updated quite a bit recently, as Ali gave a pretty good full list of
> issues...
> Here are the latest changes: (note the *ISO has not been updated YET*...
> these will occur on sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade)
> 1. all windows from the jwm-settings-manager center on screen (this
> includes the shutdown menu)
> 2. I installed parcellite in the base OS, but that will appear in the
> *next ISO* for the clipboard manager
> 3. I changed the plymouth theme to have:
> "Your Computer is as Free as a Bird"

I did not see the plymouth splash in the live session.

Den 2015-06-08 00:53, Israel skrev:
> Hi Toriosidores you know what this means :)
> Main updates were included in the recent e-mail, so please refer to that.
> The only major difference in this is my update to ztweaks.
>
> Please test!!

Hi Israel,

Testing in my Toshiba laptop, where I have been testing most of the time:

A. Live (directly from the iso file)

The network and nm-applet work :-)

ztweaks works (live)

The menus are populated with icons and the things I tested work, (but I
have not tested everything).

Bugs(?)

1. menu://applications in pcmanfm shows nothing this time. I suggest
again to use

ln -s /usr/share/applications/ $HOME/Desktop

which short 'just work' instead of the flaky 'menu://applications'

2. 'Shutdown now' and 'Restart Computer' from the pulldown menu in the
right top corner act directly without any (extra) submenu, which is
different from before. 'Logout' seems to do pretty much the same thing
as 'Reload Desktop'. Is it by intention or a bug?

3. I did not see the plymouth splash

4. The screen background is not refreshed (the size change due to the
panel is not done properly), so there are discontinuities in the
background picture after closing windows. This is a cosmetic bug, yet a bug.

B. Installing

Installing into the whole target drive works.

Bugs(?)

1. Implausibly old time stamp output during expansion of the tarball:

You can touch the affected files (works in the installed system, should
work (I think) in chroot before making the tarball

for i in $(find /var/lib/sudo);do touch $i;done

This is also a cosmetic bug, but I remember that Ali complained about it.

2. Installing into a partition, I did not get the grub menu. The screen
was black instead of the ToriOS splash, and the 'caps locked led' is
flashing. A failure :-(

Not even SysRq R E I S U B worked, only hard reset with the power
button. On reboot, there is a grub menu but without the other operating
systems, so it seems update-grub in the chroot environment is still
failing. And when selecting in the grub menu I get

error: symbol not found: 'grub_video_fb_set_active_render_target'
(twice).

Memory test works, but not starting ToriOS. After memory test it booted
differently, but failing, and after that I could actually boot into
ToriOS. I don't know what happened.

sudo update-grub worked in the installed system.

I'll try to install again: And the same problems are repeated ...

C. Installed (from the tarball)

I can see the plymouth splash with 'free as a bird' :-)

Nice welcoming menu :-)

menu://applications in pcmanfm works here, except that there are missing
icons in 'Other'.

Bugs(?)

1. ztweaks is missing (known bug).

2. 'Go to ToriOS website' causes the welcoming screen to disappear. Is
that intended?

3. Nothing happens when I click on 'ImageMagick (Display)' in the menu,
but the program works from the command line and it even struggled with a
pdf file via pcmanfm until I installed evince ;-)

4. The plymouth splash is malformed during shutdown (cosmetic bug).

*. I'm sad to say this, but this version is a step backwards. I think
you tried to improve too many things at the same time.